1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

8 Reading Behaviours Approach

Discussion in 'Cymru - education news' started by Welsh.Sara, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Welsh.Sara

Welsh.Sara New commenter

Has anyone heard of this approach? Our school has to incorporate it into all our subject areas and I have to admit, as a Welsh Teacher in an English school, I'm struggling a bit. It's an approach that lends itself nicely to Humanities, so I'm at a bit of a loss.

Can anyone help?

2. Welsh.Sara

Welsh.Sara New commenter

Has anyone heard of this approach? Our school has to incorporate it into all our subject areas and I have to admit, as a Welsh Teacher in an English school, I'm struggling a bit. It's an approach that lends itself nicely to Humanities, so I'm at a bit of a loss.

Can anyone help?

3. Hi,
    I'm an MFL teacher and have been using the approach since September. Like you, I thought that a lot wouldn't be relevant to MFL but in attending courses on it I have since found a few of the strategies that can be used. Self monitoring, for example, is good for tackling texts with KS4.
    If there is anything else I can help with please message on here.