1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

7th Anniversary

Discussion in 'Personal' started by reddevil, Aug 10, 2011.

1. reddevil

reddevil New commenter

Ok so I will have been married for 7 years this month. The traditional gift for that anniversary is copper or wool. I usually buy something small made from the associated material. Given that OH doesn't wear jumpers, scarves etc has anybody got any ideas?
    Much appreciated [​IMG]

2. reddevil

reddevil New commenter

Ok so I will have been married for 7 years this month. The traditional gift for that anniversary is copper or wool. I usually buy something small made from the associated material. Given that OH doesn't wear jumpers, scarves etc has anybody got any ideas?
    Much appreciated [​IMG]

3. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

knit him a pair of socks

4. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Buy a nice piece of jewellery containing, if not made entirely of, copper

5. How about a nice new hot water tank [​IMG]

6. cashmere socks

7. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

a sheep?

8. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

a knitted teddy.

or some itching powder?

9. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

[​IMG]

10. Are you male or female, sorry if elsewhere on here it's obvious!
    Jewellery is a good idea.

11. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I wasn't sure either.

12. reddevil

reddevil New commenter

Thanks for all your replies so far and so sorry for being unclear. I need a gift for my hubby. Love the hot water tank idea [​IMG], unfortunately we had one of them 3 yrs ago!

13. A copper coin - or set of coins, the royal mint do some inexpensive gifts. Or just get an old copper penny and put it in a box / frame.
    http://www.royalmint.com/store/Historic/VICPEN.aspx

14. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

A copper coin from the year you were wed - maybe mounted in a nice frame with a momento or two of teh day itself?

15. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Does hubby favour the practical?

16. reddevil

reddevil New commenter

Thanks again for all the replies. I'm going to investigate the coin ideas and yes kibosh he probably does favour the practical, I know I've just contradicted myself here [​IMG]

17. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Copper is a useful commodity that might gain value over time, might be worth looking at this:
    http://www.metalprices.com/FreeSite/metals/cu/cu.asp
    I really don't know how much of an investment it might be.
    Has he any hobbies or interests?

18. Cestrian

Cestrian New commenter

It's our 22nd anniversary and that's also copper apparently. OH has just bought himself a new copper bracelet to replace his old one, but I thought of looking for a copper beech plant for him.

19. Not sure about copper - except for making any arty display of a 1/2p coin/s ?? a bit 70's
    An eccentric woollen hat to wear at an outdoor event that you've bought tickets for ??? maybe

20. What about a knitted policeman?