1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

£75 million bonus!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by blazer, Oct 21, 2018.

1. blazer

blazer Star commenter

2. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

3. Jude Fawley

Jude Fawley Star commenter

If anyone ever paid me a bonus of £75 million I would feel I'd failed as a human being.

I would certainly have got in with the wrong people.

4. irs1054

irs1054 Star commenter

Come on now, be fair. The £75 million is less than the £100 million he was going to receive.;)

5. SirPurrAlot

SirPurrAlot Established commenter

It's the shortage that allows him to overcharge. He got his bonus for generating profits of £516 million in just six months this year.

6. blazer

blazer Star commenter

As long as they pay him over here and HMRC get their full share.

7. colpee

colpee Star commenter

2CB50186-280A-4393-9249-7B6F9756F2BF.jpeg

8. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

Maybe they should be asking for some of his bonus back:

Furious families are forced to EVACUATE their 11-year-old homes as experts warn the buildings might 'collapse in the wind' following a nightmare 'decade of damp and mould' - while developer Persimmon pays its chief executive £47m
    • Residents of Philmont Court in Coventry say they feel betrayed by Persimmon
    • They have experienced more than a decade of problems with their properties
    • They have been forced into temporary homes while repair work takes place
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/n...d-shoddy-homes-built-Persimmon-speak-out.html

9. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Why isint planning or buildig contorl taking responsibility for passing such shoddy homes.
    One wondera if the fact they are 'homed' is more important than the fact the homes are sub standadrd.
    In london lots of building items seem to be getting past the building inspectors, or they ,are over ruled by the council.
    Sounds bigotted but when you have friends on the planning committee its amazed what gets passed,particually if they are of the same cultural persuassion.