1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

7 week scan

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by Melloggs, May 31, 2011.

1. Hi I was just wondering if those who have had an early scan during their pregnancy were told whether or not they needed to go with a full bladder? I've got one soon and I've no idea what to expect.
    Thanks in advance for any replies x

2. yes you will need a full bladder although they may do an internal if not full enough/too full/can't see enough so don't worry too much! I have had 3 in total and everytime I made sure I had a full bladder and was told to empty it so they could do an internal one!

Hope it goes well xxx

3. Hi Melloggs, I had a 7 week scan and was told to go with a full bladder. However, I went a little too full and had to pop to the the toilet! That was a relief as it was hurting! So my advice would be to drink beforehand but not too much.
    Good luck with the scan. At 7 weeks we got to see a heartbeat but I know that is not always the case as dates can be wrong etc. It's a lovely moment to see something there; really makes it feel more real (I am now 7 months pregnant and it definitely feels real now)

4. Thank you for the replies x