1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

7 month old-so many changes!

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by ilovetheweekend, Jan 3, 2012.

1. LO is 7 months old and having 3 meals a day and milk (ff) but has now been refusing milk in the day for weeks. She was on aptimil but is now on sma. Ive tried hiding milk in food, giving extra dairy but even with this she is no where near getting what she should. She fights every bottle other than bedtime bottle, dream feed and night time bottles.She is now waking in the night for playtimes, chatting and rolling/shuffling so is getting stuck and crying in distress and frustration so I ened up feeding her to get her to sleep again. She never cries for food. When she does wake up it is for hours and im exhausted with it all. She's also doing the same cot party antics at nap time and bedtime.
    She is a healthy weight and happy although very very clingy at the moment and needing constant interaction.

2. LO is 7 months old and having 3 meals a day and milk (ff) but has now been refusing milk in the day for weeks. She was on aptimil but is now on sma. Ive tried hiding milk in food, giving extra dairy but even with this she is no where near getting what she should. She fights every bottle other than bedtime bottle, dream feed and night time bottles.She is now waking in the night for playtimes, chatting and rolling/shuffling so is getting stuck and crying in distress and frustration so I ened up feeding her to get her to sleep again. She never cries for food. When she does wake up it is for hours and im exhausted with it all. She's also doing the same cot party antics at nap time and bedtime.
    She is a healthy weight and happy although very very clingy at the moment and needing constant interaction.

3. I wouldn't worry too much with the milk - my LO dropped most of her milk during the day around 7 to 8 months, although she did still want a milk feed at lunch and has been on 3 bottles a day for months now. How much she takes is still hit and miss though as if she has been enjoying her food she may only have 2 or 3 oz from each bottle. She dropped the mid-morning and afternoon bottles with the childminder who just replaced them with snacks instead and she hasn't looked back - still plenty of wet nappies. If she won't have a bottle, will she drink it out of a sippy cup instead if you are really worried? If you're still concerned then give your health visitor a ring and ask for advice, but you'll be amazed about how much dairy you can pack in via cheese, yogurt/fromage frais with lunch and dinner and cows milk with breakfast.
    Sorry I can't help with the sleeping as we just had clingy issues at night with LO wanting to sleep on me, which in the end I did controlled crying to solve. Can you get someone to help out at night so you can at least get one night's sleep? It's amazing how much better a good night's sleep makes you feel after several deprived nights!