1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

7 lesson project

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by jujames1, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Due to time tabling issues, I have a class for just 7 lessons during the next rotation. HAs anyone got an interesting project, either graphics or Rmt etc that I could run for approximately 7 lesson. I am quite happy to share any resources I have, but generally my projects are geared up for a lot more contact with the kids?

Thanks, JJ

2. I forgot to say that it is for year 8 . Any help would be great. Thanks

3. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

I have a few on the TES resources. x

4. I do a Pewter Casting project in 6 lessons with Yr8.

Let me know if that would be of interest and I'll post more details.

5. That would be great thanks. I'd love to a look at any stuff you've and see if it's suitable. Thanks, JJ

6. PM with contact details sent to you.

7. ITrunaway

ITrunaway New commenter

It depends how you want to break it down if you can just do a quick practical project without worrying too much about the research, design, prototyping, evaluation etc

We do a birdhouse with year 8s:

Two sides, roof, base - dovetail joints. If you like, stick one side under the laser cutter for a nice little tweety-pie laser cut design but that might take too much time. Other than that you can show them how to use the soldering iron to burn some designs in. Make sure the technician cuts everything up to size first and mitres the roof pieces. Do a template to help them with the dovetails.

You can also put in some isometric drawing skills and a nice bit of research about garden birds if you want to do some folder work.