1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

7-14?

Discussion in 'Cymru - education news' started by tafkam, Jan 30, 2011.

1. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

I'm intrigued, as I look from afar.
    Is the new curriculum in Wales divided such that 7-14 is a continuous phase now?

2. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

I'm intrigued, as I look from afar.
    Is the new curriculum in Wales divided such that 7-14 is a continuous phase now?

3. That is what they are aiming for. Trying to encourage secondary to work very closely with primary and ensure progress amd progression is evidenced.

4. pibydd

pibydd New commenter

Yes, you can check out the WAG web site for the Skills Curriculum and the 7-14 curriculum for each subject.

5. darkness

darkness New commenter

I think it is working quite well. Much better transition between primary and secondary and less repeating of things.

6. I beg to differ, at least in my experience. The gulf between teacher assessment at the end of KS2 and start of KS3 is wider than ever. I think that primary school teachers are being asked to do too much and need to have an understanding of the entire National Curriculum (primary teachers please feel free to correct me!). The work completed in my feeder primaries is practically useless for levelling and the KS2/3 moderation process a farce.

Just MHO.