1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

6th form teaching, Foundation Learning - anyone help?

Discussion in 'PSHE' started by polkaudio, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Hi there,
    I am a French teacher, responsible for 30 Y 11's again this year. Languages are compulsory at our school. We follow OCR - coursework for speaking and writing and so lots to do.
    I have, without being asked, been 'lumbered' with FL, Life Skills for 2 hours a week. The head of CH/CR says it's not her job to plan a scheme of work etc and that she's having nothing to do with it. I've been told to create a scheme and plans. This is the first time it has been taught. It's OCR. I will have 15 kids all together working at different levels.
    I am feeling overwhelmed and stressed and don't know where to start. My French planning/marking takes up all my time as it is. (I went part time after maternity - 4 days a week as I have 2 year old twins) I already have the most contact time out of anyone of my department - 75%, compared to 68% for full-timers. I am 2nd in dept too.
    Help!!!
    Has anyone taught/delivered this? Should I be concerned with the extra work load it brings??? I need to know facts before I take it further.
    Has anyone taught/delivered

2. Hi there,
    I am a French teacher, responsible for 30 Y 11's again this year. Languages are compulsory at our school. We follow OCR - coursework for speaking and writing and so lots to do.
    I have, without being asked, been 'lumbered' with FL, Life Skills for 2 hours a week. The head of CH/CR says it's not her job to plan a scheme of work etc and that she's having nothing to do with it. I've been told to create a scheme and plans. This is the first time it has been taught. It's OCR. I will have 15 kids all together working at different levels.
    I am feeling overwhelmed and stressed and don't know where to start. My French planning/marking takes up all my time as it is. (I went part time after maternity - 4 days a week as I have 2 year old twins) I already have the most contact time out of anyone of my department - 75%, compared to 68% for full-timers. I am 2nd in dept too.
    Help!!!
    Has anyone taught/delivered this? Should I be concerned with the extra work load it brings??? I need to know facts before I take it further.
    Has anyone taught/delivered