1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

6th form procedures

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by shortstuff, Jun 22, 2011.

1. We are currently reviewing the procedures that we use with our 6th form classes (Science) and I wondered what other schools do with students that fail to meet deadlines, hand in poor quality work, have poor attendance and punctuality etc?

Thanks in anticipation of your contributions

2. ferrisbueller

ferrisbueller New commenter

Do you have any procedures at the moment? Does the Sixth Form have any procedures. For example, frequent checking of progress and follow up by Head of Year if a student is a concern?
    Can Science staff report missed deadlines through a profoma to the Head of Year? In terms of poor work, students should be given feedback and asked to improve.
    I'm just trying to get a picture of how things are at the moment, then I maybe able to give you some pointers.
    The poor attendance, punctuality should be followed by Sixth Form management, as it is probably a bigger issue than just science.