1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

6DR04 EDEXCEL EXAM

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by elrae, May 31, 2012.

1. This seemed a really lovely paper
    Nice clear questions in section A, and both the section B and section C essays were titles that we'd practised
    How does anyone else feel?

2. This seemed a really lovely paper
    Nice clear questions in section A, and both the section B and section C essays were titles that we'd practised
    How does anyone else feel?

3. Bellatrix

Bellatrix New commenter

My EO won't let me see the paper til tomorrow. What were the questions?
    Thanks!

4. I asked my lot to come and see me after the exam and; bless them, they did.....
    Generally they seemed happy with it apart from Section A little a with the cat question.....ah well, I told them all to do the paper backwards anyway so some of them didn't finish the four marker.
    They seemed to really like the Section C questions - the quote one being something about designers being more important than actors and Section B had "two visual elements" which suited my lot's concepts well.
    Fingers crossed!!??!!
    I'll get a proper look at it tomorrow!

5. Mine were similar to yours Nwyllie. They weren't keen on Section A, which is a shame as it was a good moment of the play to explore but somehow they seemed thrown by the wording of the Qs. Like yours, mine do it backwards so they hadn't quite finished little a. They seemed ok with B - some a bit stressed but from what they said they hadn't gone massively wrong. They were ok on Section C as well and most, as expected, didn't do the quote question.

I actually thought it was a really good and very fair paper. If we were looking at it as a sample paper in lessons I think they'd all have been fine. It's just the time limit issue with Unit 4 - as in they struggle to fit in all in!! - that means they sometimes panic about the wording of the questions.

I guess time will tell! It's always hard to predict. So much of it is in the way they write it so it's hard to assess from what they're saying whether they will have get the target grades.

Fingers crossed for everyone!

6. Pupils said the section C quote was on designers being more important than actors in 21st century; and the other essay was on use of space
    section B seemed to repeat a past one on making the production relevant for a modern audience; and the other was visual design - so lights, set, costume, I guess

7. Bellatrix

Bellatrix New commenter

Ah, those sound brilliant. If mine haven't gone for the designer/actor question I'll kick them. Thanks for posting!

8. teacha

teacha Occasional commenter

I liked it, and my students were happy, thank goodness :)