1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

61% of students excluded from school end up in prison....

Discussion in 'Education news' started by lovejoy_antiques, May 24, 2018.

1. palmtree100

palmtree100 Lead commenter

Agreed

border_walker likes this.
  2. mcc1808

mcc1808 New commenter

Having taught in a YOI for over nine years, the correlation between being excluded and going to prison is a given (however, I do question the given stats here). Exclusion, nevertheless, is a sociological issue rather than an educational one. This is where we should start.

strawbs and CheeseMongler like this.
  3. yodaami2

yodaami2 Established commenter

You are a drug dealer? LOL
    What are you disagreeing with? Do you think it unlikely that people who behave this way in school might behave this way out.

4. garyconyers

garyconyers New commenter

Fair enough - missing a comma after experience makes it grammatically ambiguous, if you want to be pedantic. (Easily done on a phone, hence the spelling errors).

When I said, "They wouldn't be this way in school, but totally different people outside school." - I meant students who are drug dealing, violent criminals behave in the same way in and out of school.

So the behaviours that see them permanently excluded from school also see them entering the criminal justice system after leaving school.