1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

60 second histories

Discussion in 'History' started by stevejp65, Sep 18, 2015.

1. stevejp65

stevejp65 New commenter

Hi everyone,

I wonder if anyone can help, please? I've just been forwarded with details of the above organisation, who provide film clips for use in history lessons. Their website says that they're part of 'squaducation'. Does anyone have any experience with this company that they could share, please, before I part with any of the school's hard-earned cash?

Many thanks,

Steve

2. Harriet_Louise

Harriet_Louise New commenter

Oh I have just been on their website. The videos are a bit bland- I thought. I thought they were going to be more like horrible histories- however they were a lot more education 'serious'. Yes they are good for factual content but there was a lack of colour in the background which made them a bit dull in my opinion. Also they didn't really contain any fun facts- just general information on a topic. I think I'm sticking with horrible histories!

3. petal84

petal84 New commenter

Haven't used the site, but we did have the company come in and do some sessions on WW1 for the centenary and they were brilliant! Would definitely recommend them for that - but as I say, I haven't really looked at the clips yet.

Historysquad likes this.
  4. Ireton

Ireton New commenter

Squaducation is part of the History Squad group. I have had the free trial and really enjoyed the clips. Pupils like them too as they can do individual research on them and they are accurate unlike some of the Horrible History stuff. Kevin Hick's is a brilliant storyteller and i have used his company at my previous school where he captivated the pupils each year. Keep looking and using!

Historysquad likes this.