1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

60 20 20

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon3372, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Following on from my shopping spree thread, we were having the mandatory chinwag in the office about how we create our wardrobes and those of my generation (i.e. with a few wrinkles) had all been taught this rule whilst growing up:
    60% classics
    20% basics
    20% trends
    And all of us (compared to the younger ones) have a basic colour code which we jazz up with coloured accessories (my basic colour code is black, brown, charcoal grey in Winter, white, beige and red in Summer).
    Now, I am sure I didn't buy like this when I was in my twenties - do our brains just jig back into "ahhh, we were taught to buy like this" when we hit 40?

2. Following on from my shopping spree thread, we were having the mandatory chinwag in the office about how we create our wardrobes and those of my generation (i.e. with a few wrinkles) had all been taught this rule whilst growing up:
    60% classics
    20% basics
    20% trends
    And all of us (compared to the younger ones) have a basic colour code which we jazz up with coloured accessories (my basic colour code is black, brown, charcoal grey in Winter, white, beige and red in Summer).
    Now, I am sure I didn't buy like this when I was in my twenties - do our brains just jig back into "ahhh, we were taught to buy like this" when we hit 40?

3. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Ooops. Another vital part of my education has clearly been missed.
    But on the plus side, I can now blame my parents for the fact that I dress like a tramp! [​IMG]

4. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

my new rubber skirt arrived today.

5. ROFL!

6. I just so bet you don't!

7. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Well, I can rise to the occasion (if an occasion ever bloody presented itself), but most of the time I live in jeans or joggers and t-shirts/jumpers depending on whether it's summer or winter.
    Everything just ends up being covered in ginger dog hair anyway and I'm a lazy trollope.

8. emilystrange

it's lovely. floor length, and is cut on the bias (umm... does latex have a bias) so it swings nicely. am v pleased.

9. Do you have to put talcum powder on your legs to stop it sticking to your thighs and knees?

10. lol. Yuck.

11. anon468

anon468 New commenter

You kinky wench, emily! There's a great shop that does rubber gear on Cockburn Street in Edinburgh.
    I'd look up the name for you, but work computer doesn't seem to like the words 'rubber clothing' being typed into Google!!

12. emilystrange

i might use talcum powder to get it on. funny stuff. it doesn't stick to me, but it can stick to itself, which makes dressing and undressing fun sometimes!
    i just like wearing it when i go out. it's light and shiny black and doesn't need straps pulling up and all that malarkey. plush, no washing... just a wipe down with the polish and you're done. i don't sort of see it as kinky. it's just 'velvet skirt, cotton skirt, jeans, rubber, wool frock' sorta thing... normal!
    please find that shop site! :D

13. Well, I wear rubber too.

A pair of yellow gloves for cleaning the loo [​IMG]

14. emilystrange

all you need is a little push and you'll be on your way, cq! half way there!

15. My OH has a 'thing' for latex but I just find it hideously uncomfortable - sticky, hard to manoevre, hard to get out of, hard to make shiny, expensive...I get the attraction appeal for men, but not the appeal of wearing it!

16. 60% from charity shops
    20% over 25 years old
    20% cheap and cheerful ranges on sale
    oh dear!

17. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Been racking my brains and I think it is (was) called Whiplash Trash.
    Can't find a website, unfortunately. But if you're ever up in Edinburgh, Cockburn Street is a 5 minute stroll from Waverley train station and well worth a gander if you love alternative clothing & music. [​IMG]
    manashee - 80s Goth, but boring and conformist drone now.

18. emilystrange

@manashee - release your inner goth. my 80's one never left.
    @ impulce - the shiny thing is easy, you just wipe the polish on and leave to dry - less effort than mr sheen!

19. Nooooooooooooooooooo.
    A couple of years ago I had the daft idea of trying on a pair of those magic knicker things as I wanted to be all sleek and slender at my nephew's Christening as I was Godmother. I got myself all tied in knots and couldn't breathe. My Mum thought I was going to die of asphixiation in the changing room...

20. Ditto.
    Nobody who knows me now who didn't know me then can ever believe I was a Goth.