1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

6 years on....

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by slieber24, Jun 9, 2011.

1. All I have to say is to re-quote Martin Luther King, Jr.

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
    — Martin Luther King Jr. Very true....

2. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

6 years on from what?

3. No idea what you're relating it to, but I can totally agree with the sentiment. Rough times show you who your true friends are....

4. pixel

pixel New commenter

Has it been 6 years already? Wishing more joy in the future and peace in your heart xx

5. Gardening Leaves

Gardening Leaves New commenter

Hey SL! Good to see you posting on here again. As you can tell from other posts, sadly nothing has changed. Teachers are still being bullied out of their health and careers because there is no-one to hold renegade Headteachers and LAs that collude with them, to account.
    It is high time I emailed you again and updated you with my protracted legal case. Yes, it's still rumbling forward at snail's pace. The username here may be unfamiliar, but you'll know me from another place.
    Did I hear someone ask what happened to slieber 24 6 years ago? This inspirational teacher fought a bullying Head who tried to destroy her career - and won. This username is the stuff of legend on these forums! She gives me the strength to endure my own battle against my corrupt senior colleagues and the LEA willing to cover for them to avoid paying me damages.
    And, yes, the 'silence of friends' is a huge obstacle to overcome. It is a great sadness but understandable, when people are afraid for their own careers and so easily manipulated by corrupt leaders.

6. Torey

Torey Occasional commenter

Hi-Nice to see you again. Your emails were great when I needed them. I actually won my case and ended up in a lovely place. The silent 'friends' are still stuck there and I won't go in to details in public, but everyone found out how vile my head was.

7. wordsworth

wordsworth Senior commenter

My goodness, i remember the events you wrote of in your life, Slieber - is it really 6 years? I hope you're well and happy.

8. :)

same old same old.