1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

6 weeks off and working like a mad man

Discussion in 'Primary' started by regencyrob, Sep 4, 2011.

1. I have been off for 6 weeks. Thouroughly enjoyed myholiday abroad.
    I have been back at school this week tidying up and doing planning etc.
    And now there is just so much to work to do. Tweaking planning, creating new resources and displays.
    There is a list as long as my arm!
    Is anyone else working hard or have you managed your time more effectively than I have?

2. I have been off for 6 weeks. Thouroughly enjoyed myholiday abroad.
    I have been back at school this week tidying up and doing planning etc.
    And now there is just so much to work to do. Tweaking planning, creating new resources and displays.
    There is a list as long as my arm!
    Is anyone else working hard or have you managed your time more effectively than I have?

3. I did it all in the holidays, but did spend the first 4 weeks doing things!
    I don't have anything to do in a rush for going back tomorrow, but I do have that feeling that i've forgotten something important...

4. we are INSET tomorrow - nothing is a rush for Tuesday but I am doing things that I think I could improve etc.
    I am ready to go on Tuesday but I am trying to get ahead of the game when it comes to resources.

I just feel I can continuously add things for ever and it would never be finished. I keep thinking that will help with group a, this will look good on literacy wall.

5. I was in school for about 10 days during the hols, spent a few days doing work, planning etc and I am have spent the whole day doing things to try and be ready for tomorrow. Keep telling myself it doesn't have to be perfect and as long as I have tomorrow sorted I will have the evenings to do things, but even so I'm still panicking! Argh!

6. I've been working like a madwoman all day.
    Well worth it though as I made sure I really made the most of my holidays.

7. Next year i'm doing *** all during the holidays and will just go in for the last few days of the hols. Working all through the hols has made me feel no more prepared than other years, never doing it again!

8. I begrudgingly went in once at the start and that was only because my classroom had been left in a complete mess.

9. Msz

Msz Established commenter

I worked at the beginning of the holidays and spent today trying to remember what I did [​IMG]

10. A friend of mine does 1 hour of work for each day she has off in the holidays. Same with weekends too!
    A pleasant philosophy I think!

11. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

that is how I feel as well...Oh well two inset days first to find out what I've missed.

12. clawthorpegirl

clawthorpegirl New commenter

Snap! I find it hard to switch off at the beginning of the holidays.

13. Snap too!
    I went in for 3 days at the start of the hols and did so many of my usual holiday jobs in that time that on the training day, I felt like I was twiddling my thumbs a bit when we had classroom time.
    Mind you, I did manage to forget to copy something that I need tomorrow, so that'll be my first job!
    I really enjoyed my holiday this year after getting everything done right at the start. I will do it again next year- although I will wait a few days until the school holiday club opens so I don't have to go through the fuss of opening the school myself.

14. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

so druknow can barely type this . Have loaded untouched boxes back into car. No idea what's in them. Have manay many clockes likned up for hthe ornings, . No idea how I@m going to get ot school tomorrow, but the only good ting is that therea re no kiddies.

15. Good luck with that Lardy. [​IMG]
    We had our insets last week so is action stations tomorrow.

16. I went in for two days at the start of the hols as I am starting at a new school. Went in for one day last week and spent Sunday getting some bits ready - but that's it. I feel no less prepared than I did last year working through most of the holidays tbh.
    My last school completely draimed me so I was afamant I was going to enjoy the summer - although wonering where it went now LOL

17. aw27

aw27 New commenter

How's your head this morning?! [​IMG]