1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

6 weeks in, how is everyone feeling?

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by baldeststudentintown, Oct 9, 2018.

1. baldeststudentintown

baldeststudentintown New commenter

6 weeks into my School Direct course. Professional placement in a month. Been spending 1 day a week in my placement school as an enhancement and another in a different cluster school doing various workshops and observations. Presentation at the end of October on a lit review (due January) and have not even started thinking about my reflective practice essay which is due next year. The first fortnight was a bit of a blur and I wondered if I had done the right think packing my job in to pursue this but now I feel like I have a handle on everything and can't wait to get into school. That being said I am tired, very tired. Working 6 days a week (3 uni, 2 in school, 1 library day on the weekend) My PP1 is going to be a class of 16 mixed years 3,4 & 5 which is going to be challenging but I will learn a lot in a short time my mentor said!

Power to the PGCE students!!

2. Gremlin78

Gremlin78 New commenter

How are you getting on?
    My course is very different as I'm doing SCITT, so in school from day 1. I'm loving it! (Well, ok, not the tiredness). Are you enjoying your placement?

3. jofox27

jofox27 New commenter

Grmelin78, any chance I could ask you a few questions regarding your SCITT course, I'm considering applying for Sept 2019 start, would love to pick your brain about a few things if you can spare the time?