1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

6 week SoW for Food - advice please!

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by tonysoprano, Mar 12, 2011.

1. I'm going for a job interview soon at a school that is doing food tech for the first time and I'm just putting together some sample SoW's. They are planning on 6 week/12 lessons for Y7, 8 and 9 (1 hr lessons)
    I was planning to use Licence to Cook as a base for the initial SoW as it would seem to fit their circumstances well, but is 12 lessons per term enough? That'd be around 5 - 6 practical lessons (at a push), and not a huge amount of time for the tutorials, etc.
    Does anyone have a 6 week SoW that fits it all in, or any advice?
    Thanks

2. Sorry cannot help with SOW as ours are all longer & we do double lessons each week
    BUT we set some/most of the tutorials for LtC as homework we have 1st lesson partly in computer room to introduce LtC and get them doing the first one so know logins work etc & then get them to do the rest as homework which you can monitor. The odd kid without internet access goes to after school homework club which has computers available
    Good luck

3. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Theres one on my resources. Don 't know if its any good though. Worked for my placement but not had Y7 Food since. x

4. I have a scheme of work on the resources area. It is over 9 weeks but you could easily change that. It only has one star as somebody has writen that they can not open the document, but it is a good scheme of work.

5. Will you let us know how you get on at interview?
    I've just applied for a Food post at a school that is introducing it for the first time, so it would interesting to hear about the interview, q's asked, etc..
    Thanks, and good luck with your interview

6. Sorry you weren't successful. Hope you have better luck in the state sector.

7. Thanks torchwoodfan - you too!