1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

6 more things teachers never thought they'd say

Discussion in 'Personal' started by monicabilongame, Feb 18, 2016.

1. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

1. “No, you cannot wrap string around your finger to make it turn purple; that is not cool.” – Kay
    2. “Stay calm and evacuate the room. I’ll get Mr. Weeks to find the snake.” – Carol
    3. “If you try to stick your finger in the fan again and it comes off we get to call you ‘Stumpy’ the rest of the year.” Problem solved. – Carissa
    4. Back in the day when we had a dramatic play area in the classroom: “Please get down off of the table in the kitchen. No one will ‘give birth’ in our dramatic play area or anywhere here at school.” – Shelley
    5. “Stop that. You need to sing the song. Do you even know what they are singing? You can’t do the ‘Nay Nay’ to every song you hear.” – Jeremy
    6. “Sorry, but you cannot start a twerking club at school.” – Jessica

kibosh and nomad like this.
  2. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

That made me laugh. I used to see a lot of very dramatic 'births' in Nursery and Reception using plastic knives and forks or whatever was to hand. The best was in Nursery where the boy playing the doctor draped a modesty sheet over the mother's raised knees. Their level of knowledge was an eye-opener.

Dragonlady30 and Lascarina like this.
  3. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

I remember one very imaginative child getting stuck in the little kitchen cupboard in the Home Corner around Christmas time . I asked why he had got in there to start with and he told me he wanted to get born from Mary's tummy but had got stuck on the way out. All part of the 'enclosing' schema;)

InkyP likes this.