1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

6 months on.............

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by Tom_Bennett, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Tom_Bennett

Tom_Bennett Occasional commenter

Hi GF
    Oh, I'm bloody sure it is the same faces, time and time again. he question is, what happens once you refer them? Some HODs/ HOYs are less than magnificent when it comes to follow up. In that circumstance, it's up to you to chase them (politely of course, but insistently). Ask them what is going to happen to the pupils, and when.
    Then, when that time has passed, ask them again what happened...did it happen...why not? Etc. Tiresome, but a necessary part of making sure that others are doing their jobs. Or, you could see it as 'supporting them.' I know that's how I see it...
    You're probably doing the right things- it's hard for cover supervisors, as many students have low opinions of the role, so you need to be even more diligent than many others in making sure that your sanctions are carried out. And it doesn't hurt to do a few phone calls home too, if you want to get serious about behaviour management.
    Good luck to you.
    http://behaviourguru.blogspot.com/

2. Hi Tom
    Thanks for the reply
    As i walk though the School just by reading the faces of SMT i know what they are thinking.
    As a teacher i would never have behaviour issues, but the issue in all honesty is i work in a school where in an area where i live so the pupils are over familiar with me as they see me out and about the local are, which they are apart of.
    Now to say i have an issue with behaviour is probably incorrect and to put me on courses is irrelevant as i know how to contain a class. My issue is the above and its got to me alot ove the last few months and ive become withdrawn.
    I also thought what would work is liasing with the form tutors often to get behaviour sorted.
    Thoughts Tom
    Grey