1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

6 day old baby vomiting blood

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by lindenlea, Apr 12, 2012.

1. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

My grandson has gone back into hospital to have this investigated. Son didn't want us phoning / texting today so i wonder if you lot know anything about this. It could be ingested during breast feeding - he's a greedy little boy - I'm hoping this will be shown to be the case. He had the vit K jab and is feeding / sleeping well. He's alert and seems fine in every other way. trying not to worry too much.

2. I don't know anything about this lindenlea, but just wanted to say I'm sure everything will be alright. It does sounds scary but your little grandson is in the best place he can be right now and it sounds like he is healthy otherwise so everything will be just fine. Try not to worry too much today!

3. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

They've come home now and it seems to be blood from the breast feeding so we can breath again. Thanks for your reply.

4. I'm glad all is well, I was just going to say that I remember that happening to DD for a while when BF her. I was very scary, but just from my cracked nipples (ouch)! Get (or suggest) some lilypadz - amazing as the scabs don't stick to them like disposable breast pads so the scin heals better.

5. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Just thought I'd let you know d-i-l has persisted with breast feeding and formula and now, ! month on, has a contented baby who is sleeping 4-5hrs at night. The hospital stay nearly b-u-g-g-e-r-e-d the b/feeding up but she was so determined. She had a few days of feeling guilty about using formula but then saw the value and hasn't looked back. She is a great mum and I love her.

6. You sound like a great Mum-in Law!!!
    Can I be your daughter-in-law, too?????
    [​IMG]
    Oz x

7. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

ha ha - sorry , my other lovely son is gay!

8. Oh well, don't suppose my hubby would be too pleased either!
    [​IMG]