1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Primary' started by milliebear, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Nevertheless, that is our information from them, and the reason access is now unblocked. No idea where they got it from.

2. Msz

Msz Established commenter

The moral question remains ... do people feel justified in supporting a twice convicted paedophile by visiting his website when every visit generates income?

3. lilykitty

lilykitty New commenter

This is a totally irrelevant query when compared to the basis of this discussion, but I was just wondering how every visit to the site generates income? I thought income was generated from websites like these if the person visiting clicked on one of the advertisements.
    Not saying that makes it alright or anything, just wondering how these money-making 'free' websites work.

4. Msz

5. But that would only be a consideration if the site were still generating income for a twice convicted paedophile. As I said, our LA has advised its schools that it is not, and so has released the block on the website. I would assume most teaches in my district will be basing their decision whether to use the site on that information.
    It's not a consideration for me - moral or otherwise - because as I said, I don't use it..

6. Msz

Which Company House confirms is the case ..Companies house status: Active
    Registration Date: 15/03/2007
    Registration Type: Private Limited with share capital
    Registration Number: 06164228
    SIC classification code: 7487
    SIC classification: OTHER BUSINESS ACTIVITIES
    Last filed accounts: 28/09/2011
    Accounts type "TotalExemptionSmall".

Registered office address
    6 GREEN LEYS,
    BADSEY
    WORCESTERSHIRE
    WR11 7XE

Current Officers
    Mr Samuel Harry Kinge
    Mr Richard Arthur George Kinge
    just in case anyone from your LA is considering supporting the site

7. Msz

Sorry it missed this bit
    ********** TEACHER RESOURCES LIMITED
    Established 15/03/2007
    inShare
    Company Information Summary
    Companies house status: Active
    Registration Date: 15/03/2007
    Registration Type: Private Limited with share capital
    Registration Number: 06164228
    SIC classification code: 7487
    SIC classification: OTHER BUSINESS ACTIVITIES
    Last filed accounts: 28/09/2011
    Accounts type "TotalExemptionSmall".

Registered office address
    6 GREEN LEYS,
    BADSEY
    WORCESTERSHIRE
    WR11 7XE

Current Officers
    Mr Samuel Harry Kinge
    Mr Richard Arthur George Kinge

From the most recent set of accounts filed by ********** TEACHER RESOURCES LIMITED their net worth in 2011 was:
    £386,582

8. None of which I am disputing, but that doesn't alter the fact that teachers in my LA will make their decision based on the information provided by the LA.

9. Msz

or the fact that information is false

10. But they won't know that will they - unless of course they go trawling Companies House records - which I suspect they won't.

11. Msz

Perhaps they would if they knew any of the children involved

12. I think it's much more likely they will simply take the LA directive at face value to be honest...

13. Msz

or they won't care anyway as long as they get free resources [​IMG]

14. I think they would care enough not to use the site, but would be too busy to perform extra checks that they shouldn't need to do.

15. Msz

I hopethat would be the case but you can see from TES many people put convenience first

16. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

It doesn't matter for me whether the bloke still owns it - it's been "tainted" by everything that's happened.
    We have been reminded this term not to use it. It is a disciplinary offence to use it in our school, as it has been disallowed by our LA and we have all been made aware of this fact on many occasions.
    I'm more than happy to spend a little extra time making my own resources - they're a lot more imaginative and the classroom doesn't look identikit anymore.

17. I am not sure who your 'County' is but I can say absolutely that ********** has not changed hands.

18. Brenden

Brenden New commenter

Gadzooks!