1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

500 Penpals wanted

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by nielryan, Sep 15, 2011.

1. That's right, 500. I have just started teaching English in Shenzhen China. I have approximately 500 Chinese students aged 16. I looking to twin some or all of them with penpals as part of my module 'Education in the UK'. Their written English is absolutely excellent. There is a great opportunity for linking up with Geography and English curriculums. If anyone is interested and would maybe like to do a trail class please let me know.
    Niel

2. That's right, 500. I have just started teaching English in Shenzhen China. I have approximately 500 Chinese students aged 16. I looking to twin some or all of them with penpals as part of my module 'Education in the UK'. Their written English is absolutely excellent. There is a great opportunity for linking up with Geography and English curriculums. If anyone is interested and would maybe like to do a trail class please let me know.
    Niel

3. Hi Niel,

Are you looking for other students to be penpals or for anyone?
    I would love to be a penpal for a Chinese student. I am a careers, advice and guidance co-ordinator though so dont have my own class.....

4. hi, i am a yr 11 form tutor but have mentioned the idea of getting the whole of our school house involved to head of house and faculty leader! will keep you updated
    L

5. Post removed because I realised you're looking for 16 year olds, and I can only offer 11 year olds.

6. Hello Laura, that sounds great. The pupils here are very eager to learn about England, the English education system and all things British. Let me know you get on.
    Niel
    There are also about 500 senior 1 students (aged 15) so if anyone else is interested do let me know.

7. BlueJuno

BlueJuno New commenter

Definately interested, can I talk to other members of staff and get back to you? Thanks!

8. Hi there i'm Adam, I'm a global co-ordiantor down in Torquay Devon and we are looking to link with a school in china. The reason being we are doing an olympic project and with our house system and each house is adopting a country. One house has adopted china and it would be great to get our students talking and conversing with your students. Also we have mandarin on or curriculum and the school had its first china trip this summer. This is initially a one year pilot but us something which could be more far reaching long term. I am also looking for a school in south korea so if you have any contacts please let me know I would be very grateful. Please come back to me if you think this is of any use to you.

Adam

9. The pupils here are very into their sport (expecially British football which is bizarre in that I didn't expect that in the China). Something on the olympics later in the year would be really good.
    Here is a link to the school's website http://www.szsy.cn which shows some pictures to give you a bit of feel for the school.
    Niel

10. Niel
    sounds like this would be a good linking project how many pupils would you have specifically to link with our school. The web-site is lovely but in chinese sound difficult to navigate my way around it. I have accepted the friend request.

here is the link to our school http://tbgs.co.uk/
    cheers
    adam