1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

50 minute reception interview lesson - help please!!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Pinkette, May 22, 2010.

1. Hi,
    I have been asked to teach a 50 minute reception lesson for an interview on Monday (12 children, IWB and a TA).
    I was hoping someone would be able to give me a few tips on either how to structure the 50 minutes (ie read for 10 minutes, art activity for 10 minutes etc) or any things that they've done with their class that have lasted for 50 minutes!
    Thanks so much! x

2. Hi,
    I have been asked to teach a 50 minute reception lesson for an interview on Monday (12 children, IWB and a TA).
    I was hoping someone would be able to give me a few tips on either how to structure the 50 minutes (ie read for 10 minutes, art activity for 10 minutes etc) or any things that they've done with their class that have lasted for 50 minutes!
    Thanks so much! x

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well done Pinkette on getting that interview - you've already achieved a success.
    Well done for getting that interview!
    However . . .
    Sorry, but . . . I don't give help, ideas, comments or ANYTHING about interview lessons. And I don't suggest that any other poster does, either.
    There are 3 main reasons for that:
    Firstly, it's got to be you, and your ideas, so that you feel comfortable about what you're doing, and so that the school sees you, and not me or somebody else. And secondly and more importantly, because <u>you</u> are the expert here, not me!
    So you will just have to sit down, think of what your aims are (including the Ofsted criteria - one of the links in the Interview Tips clickable in the Welcome thread says what schools are looking for in interview lessons),
    Take a look also at my Possible interview questions clickable in the Welcome thread
    Make sure you plan a lesson that enables children to progress, and have a plan that you will press on the observer that includes differentiation, just in case you don't get round to using it in the lesson itself.
    And a third reason is that this is a public forum, and other candidates for the same job might see the suggestions too . . . and wouldn't you look daft doing the same thing!
    Best of luck! I look forward to you starting a thread that says: Dear Theo, I got that job!

4. Hi Theo,
    I was just looking on the net for lesson ideas for my interview and found your advice very helpful, instead of wasting time looking for the perfect lesson. I will now be putting my energy into thinking of ideas which I am comfortable with. Also great tips on progression and checking out the ofsted criteria.
    Thanks
    Sumaira