1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

50 min Food!

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by oliviadw, Aug 23, 2016.

1. oliviadw

oliviadw New commenter

Hello all.
    Does anybody have any resources/recipes/booklets or SOW for year 9 50 min lessons?

I would be very greatful for some support. I gave had to rewrite my SOW for my year groups as I found out last week our lessons will go from doubles to one single 50 min lessons.

Does anybody have any resources/recipes/booklets or SOW for year 9 50 min lessons?

2. mrichards73

mrichards73 New commenter

We've just gone from 2hr lessons to 1hr so I feel your pain.
    We are going to spend a lot of time preparing meals that students can then cook when they get home, such as casseroles, stir fries, crumbles, etc... - hopefully this will reduce the cooking and clearing time.

3. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Star commenter

4. hammie

hammie Lead commenter

I am not a food tech teacher. But I worked with one who was amazing. When this happened to her, she insisted the school bought her a huge freezer and loads of tupperware containers. Then pupils did prep one week, froze their results and cooked them the following week. Seemed a very intelligent response to a very unhelpful timetabling idea.