1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

5 year ruling

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by margjohn84, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Hi
    Can anyone clarify the ruling. I trained in 2007 and then went back to my old school as an HLTA
    I then took a maternity leave covering 1 term. since then i have been on supply. Is the proposal 5 years on supply or 5 years on supply from the date of qts? hope someone can help ? Maggie

2. Hi
    Can anyone clarify the ruling. I trained in 2007 and then went back to my old school as an HLTA
    I then took a maternity leave covering 1 term. since then i have been on supply. Is the proposal 5 years on supply or 5 years on supply from the date of qts? hope someone can help ? Maggie

3. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

The proposal seems to be that when it comes on-stream (probably from this Sept after the measure has been voted in), those existing NQTs who are still serving their 16 month allowance, or any extension granted to it, will be able to avail themselves of a 5 year allowance, counting down from the first day of their previous 16 month allowance.

4. The Arrangements as published are for 5 years from the date of QTS, but we still need some clarification for those who are already qualified and working and what the full transition arrangements are. I am in contract with the Teaching Agency and will try to gain some clarity on this issue and post here.
    The Sage