1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

5 weeks today!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by marymoocow, Jun 14, 2012.

1. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

Or 35 sleeps!
    I know I shouldnt wish my life away, but I am really looking forward to my hols this year. Other than a few stressful times with my head when I felt like chucking it all in, I've actually enjoyed this year after my year of hell last year. How has your year been?

2. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Whoop, whoop! Same for me and that sounds bearable.
    My year has been good thanks and I have a new job from September which I am really looking forward to so I am hoping that next year will be even better!

3. Shockingly bad, but there is light at the end of the tunnel as I too have a shiny new job from September - counting down the days.

4. I've had a good year, but my countdown is to finishing completely in 5 weeks time. So everything I'm doing is for the last time. No new curriculum or OFSTED for me ever again!

5. school's been fine - been a difficult year personally
    don't feel i really had a summer hol last year - the whole time was taken up anything but relaxation - soo looking forward to this year
    mammal - what will you do with yourself?

6. Hate to say it but 4 weeks and 1 day for us. Now that sounds even better!

7. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Belle d J is banned from this thread!
    She will come and tell us she only has 9 days to go.

8. We have 6 weeks left.
    This year has been very, very tough work-wise. I don't think next year will be much better, but onwards and upwards!

9. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

Been a very good year professionally and personally.
    Professionally - I have a great class (Y5) - well-behaved yet sparky, bright, enthusiastic and independent. And, I'm getting them again next year, taking them up to Y6.
    But I'm still counting down the days. I do worry about the people who claim to get bored or restless within a few days of the holidays beginning.

Personally - Enjoying my daughter. 1 already. So despite counting the days down I also wish time generally would slow down. No pleasing some people.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Two weeks yesterday for us but we do go back well before you!
    I've had a great year and a half personally and an okay year professionally and plan to make next year my last year in teaching with lots of personal adventures on the cards during that year!

11. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

I thought it was a good year...got a new job, made it through Ofsted and Sias with good reports...but then it all went splat and I'm REALLY looking forward to the new job I have in September, where I hope I can get on with my job without all the other stuff...[​IMG]
    Personally - I'd also like to press 'pause' for a couple of years. 11, 9 and 6 seem just the most perfect ages for my children...[​IMG]

12. cherryaimless

cherryaimless New commenter

19 teaching days, 2 courses, 3 travelling days and an INSET...then 6 weeks of pure island life...

September - December was shocking, but then I began my new job in January which has been like going back in time. Lovely small classes, lovely students, lovely view from my classroom window, lovely lovely.

*tra-las off into the middle distance, counting blessings and days*

13. 25 official school days minus one day off to get married, a sports day (so it doesn't count) and a day to take my students to London to collect their Olympic accreditation and volunteer uniforms, plus in the second last week I will be packing up the classroom (as my subject has been moved to the other side of the school and my classroom is going to be a maths room...) and then being moved a week before school finishes - I can't actually unpack as I am not going to be there after the Summer so the new teacher wants to unpack and set things up the way he wants them. I don't care cause I'm going to work in Dubai...
    BUT... I start in Dubai on 24 August so I lose a week and a half of the Summer hols...and I lose another six days of the hols cause I will be working at the Olympics with my students... and I have to pack up my house etc... sell everything not going with me... and finish my last essay for my MA (still have to do a presentation in October to finish the degree though)... and the list goes on and on and on....
    oh well...

14. Sailing off on a cruise of the Med on the 1st September for starters - how good is that! Then a complete makeover of the lounge and some quality time with my darling grandchildren. More time to improve my piano playing and maybe take up a new instrument. More time to read and more time to travel. Time to meet friends for a coffee, shopping trip or go on a hike. I shall miss teaching, but not all that much!

15. Three weeks and three days for me.

Personally my year has been pretty rubbish due to a huge number or different "upsets" and so because of this I have kind of gone through school this year in a bit of a dream.

I'm now ready to have my holiday to get myself back on track so I can attack next year with more vigour than I have done with this one.

16. croper87

croper87 New commenter

Great year, working with a fantastic colleague and only 1 week left for me!
    But back day after Aug bank holiday so no bank holiday festivals/holidays for me!

17. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

We have only one and a half weeks left! And not back until second week of September.
    I cannot believe I've almost completed my first year in this job and it's the best job I've had since I started teaching in 1995.
    2 weeks from now Mr Belle and I will be driving down to the south of France where, I believe, the sun is shining and it is a proper summer!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I'm moving home for one thing. [​IMG]

19. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Going anywhere nice?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Well, I think so obviously. I've lived here over 16 years and almost all of my life in Glasgow so the move outside of Glasgow will be a bit of an adventure. It'll add a bit of travelling time to get to work but since I plan on only one more year I can deal with that. It does mean the holidays will be busy what with one thing and another.