1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

5 simple business games by CRAC

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by djphillips1408, Jun 15, 2010.

1. djphillips1408

djphillips1408 New commenter

Many moons ago when I did my teacher training (95-96) we did some workshops with the 5 simple business games by CRAC - Gorgeous Gateaux was one if I recall.
    Just wondered if anyone still had access to the worksheets for these. I know I have found an excel version on Duncan Williamson's site, but amazon et al state the originals are out of print now.
    Anyone able to help by pointing me in the right direction
    djphillips1408 *at* hotmail *dot* com

2. djphillips1408

Many moons ago when I did my teacher training (95-96) we did some workshops with the 5 simple business games by CRAC - Gorgeous Gateaux was one if I recall.
    Just wondered if anyone still had access to the worksheets for these. I know I have found an excel version on Duncan Williamson's site, but amazon et al state the originals are out of print now.
    Anyone able to help by pointing me in the right direction
    djphillips1408 *at* hotmail *dot* com

3. There is a video of gateaux galore on the teachers tv website with the resources to go with it. Its about sales and profit. If it is the one you are looking for just search sales and profit and it comes up. Hope this helps!

4. djphillips1408

That's the one. Thanks very much for pointing me to it.

5. djphillips1408

Mind you if anyone can recall what the other 4 were and point me to them I would be grateful

6. staffam

staffam New commenter

I have the original booklet (yellow & blue) along with the BBC disks in front of me! Had forgotten all about these. The five games were:
    <ol>[*]Gorgeous Gateaux[*]Fresh Oven Pies[*]Dart Aviation[*]The Island Game[*]The Republic Game</ol>I've used an adapted version of Dart Aviation in the classroom with great success.

jillykelly likes this.
  7. djphillips1408

That's fabulous but how feasible would it be to get a copy of them from you? I am trying to get hold of them to create some modelling exercises using spreadsheets.

8. staffam

staffam New commenter

I've sent you an email

9. Hi Staffam
    Just seen the comments, I would be most grateful if you could send me the details. I am after the Dart Aviation Game in particular.

Regards
    DK

10. Hi,

stumbled across this by chance, sounds very interesting though.

Would you mind sending me the resources?
    mgardiner@johncolet.co.uk

Thank you

Mark

11. Woops
    Forgot to include the Email
    DKelly@gordons.surrey.sch.uk

12. still a chance to have access to these resources?
    ptrainor@bismoscow.com

13. vegaslas

vegaslas New commenter

Hi all - I have been looking for the CRAC booklet for about 3 years and got absolutely NO WHERE. Can I please get a copy of them. I would happily pay for them!!!

my email is rhayer@gmail.com

Thanks, again.

14. Bring back the goods old days.
    Would you be so kind as to send me a copy
    ab8591@gmail.com
    Thanks

15. Totally80s

Totally80s New commenter

A further "Yes please"
    totally80s@ymail.com
    Thanks

16. corrected email address