1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

5 most important things to you in your classroom

Discussion in 'Primary' started by perfectpiglet, Jan 2, 2010.

1. My top five are exactly the same as yoitsjo in exactly the same order. If you wanted my top ten it would still be the same as yoitsjo. Having moved into new premises we are still waiting for 1, 2, 4 and 5 and they are so missed - in that order. Thank heavens for the teacher's cupboard!

2. "Bog standard comprehensive" and proud of it.

1) working heater
    2) working lights
    3) working blinds
    4) working interactive whiteboard
    5) working pupils - well we can all dream :)

3. Get a room you two [​IMG]

4. goonergirl2009

goonergirl2009 New commenter

I work in a large comprehensive in an old mining community and teach Years 7-13. I don't have my own classroom but my five most important things in classrooms I teach in are:

1) Chairs that fit under desks
    2) A clear teacher's desk
    3) Decent blinds
    4) Warmth
    5) Bright displays

5. Currently, I'm a private tutor in Northern Virginia. I've previously taught 2nd- and 3rd-grade classes in local schools. My 5 most important classroom elements are:
    1) Word wall
    2) Carpeted area for read-alouds
    3) Lots of shelf space for a classroom library
    4) One 3-ring binder for each student. One binder is a great way to keep students organized
    5) TV with VCR or DVD player for educational materials during weekly Lunch Bunch.
    Janet
    Manassas, Virginia
    USA

6. What is a guillotine!? I'm thinking you don't mean the Marie Antoinette kind! (I hope.)
    M.Townsley

7. It's a paper cutter!
    All these people saying "me" in answer to the question are making me feel a bit sick...you are most important to you in your classroom...that's pretty self centred!! Hehe [​IMG]
    Mind you, I can't talk I didn't read the title of the thread properly and listed 10 things in terms of resources!

8. Glad to see that someone agrees with me! [​IMG]
    I have no teacher's cupboard or warm water in my classroom and I really wish I did! [​IMG]