1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

5 minutes of playground fun!

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by zee-bra, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Sometimes I find I have small slots of time where I am on the playground and I want the children to play a fun game. I have a few that I use but was wondering if anyone has any that are maybe less well known or have even made up themselves. I teach year 5 and I think they are getting bored of the same ideas. I do not mean netball, rounders etc but more games like stuck in the mud etc. End of lesson games or extended playground games! All ideas greatly appreciated!

2. Hi

I had a workshop company come into our school to teach children loads of new games. They also did and INSET session with the staff to teach us some games that we could use with our children. They were traditional games for the playground / to start or end a PE lesson etc...and none of the games required any equipment so they could be played anytime and anywhere. The children love the games and we use them all the time. The company was called Replay Education Services. Try their website www.replayeducation.co.uk

3. stopwatch

stopwatch Occasional commenter

4. bigfatgit

bigfatgit New commenter

http://www3.westminster.gov.uk/Newdocstores/publications_store/healthy-schools/physical-activity/bhf_active_playgrounds.pdf
    Lots of good ones in this

5. A great opportunity to plug my books!!! Get these two books as they are full of the exact thing you want. I have led training in Primary Schools to teachers so they can improve the quality of their PE lessons as well as increase the amount of activity they do. Most of the activities require little or no equipment and many are quick and easy to set up... particularly the opening chapter in each book.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Anthony-Dowson/e/B001HMRWXS/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_2
    I have also produced a 'Games Folder' for Fun Active Breaktimes and have led many training sessions with the Young Leaders/Playground Buddies in some local Primary Schools but to be honest, these are all included in the books.