1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

5 million cases of CV19 in USA now.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by red_observer, Aug 9, 2020.

1. red_observer

red_observer Star commenter

Probably higher but when Trump says the virus is disappearing at his golf club ... unbelievable. Sad for those who have died but all because he is in denial about it all.

smoothnewt, Sally006 and nomad like this.
  2. Wotton

Wotton Lead commenter

It's not just Trump in denial many Americans are.

3. Sally006

Sally006 Lead commenter

There is no way I will go near the place for a very long time. Unfortunately, my husband works for a US company so as the months roll on I suspect the pressure to visit will mount. He doesn’t have to go more than 2-3 times a year normally but I’m not looking forward to his first visit whenever that may be.

smoothnewt and red_observer like this.
  4. colacao17

colacao17 Lead commenter

"The closest thing is, uh, in 1917, they say, uh, The Great- the Great Pandemic; & it certainly was a terrible thing where they lost anywhere from 50 to 100 million ppl; probably ended the Second World War, all the soldiers were sick."

5. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

Well, I'm sure he'll be happy that it's disappearing at his golf club - means he can spend even more time playing golf rather than being a President at work. (Mind, it's probably better for the USA and the world that he ISN'T a President actually working.)

https://trumpgolfcount.com/
    Since inauguration, Trump has made 271 daytime visits to golf clubs,playing golf there on at least 132 visits, at a cost to the American tax payer of $139,000,000.

"I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to go play golf." --Donald J. Trump, August, 2016

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-is-still-falsely-attacking-obama-for-golfing-more-than-him
    President Trump accused his predecessor Barack Obama of not only golfing more (not true) but taking longer to complete a round of golf in a Sunday morning Twitter tirade. Trump, who is estimated to have golfed around 200 rounds in his presidency so far compared to Obama’s 100 rounds at the same point, tried to justify his time on the links by calling it a “tiny” bit of “exercise.”

The president tweeted two back-to-back posts in which he wrote, “I know many in business and politics that work out endlessly, in some cases to a point of exhaustion. It is their number one passion in life, but nobody complains.” He then went on to explain that his “exercise” is “playing, almost never during the week, a quick round of golf.” He went on to accuse Obama of playing more and much longer rounds. “When I play, Fake News CNN, and others, park themselves anywhere they can to get a picture, then scream ‘President Trump is playing golf’,” he continued. “Actually, I play VERY fast, get a lot of work done on the golf course, and also get a ‘tiny’ bit of exercise. Not bad!”

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/25/politics/fact-check-trump-obama-golf/index.html