1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

5 form entry for F2 next year

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by loudleah14, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Hi there
    Next year we will be a 5 form entry in F2. Currently we are a 2 form entry and we plan together and share resources by doing a numeracy focus whilst the other class does the literacy focus every day. We are quite a structured F2 cohort and we have lessons rather than enhanced provision. We have topic time every day too which consists of CI, AI and free-flow activities however we are limited by the amount fo resources we have available.
    I am thinking for us to have every 2 classes (who share a garden area) to have free-flow between the 2 classes during topic time but can anyone recommend what to do for the other times? Does anyone have a 5 form entry in F2 now? Do you all do the same topic at the same time?

Thanks for any feedback!

2. I'd firstly be asking if your upping your intake by such a dramatic number that the budget for the foundation stage reflects this!
    phonic's- i'd be using the large numbers to your advantage to be able to group the children by exact need, once you're settled in.
    "we have lessons rather than enhanced provision" not sure what this means.
    A larger pool of adults, should mean you can be outside for most of the day setting up a rota of some type.
    I'm not sure about all doing the same topic, as each class are going to have different interests. That said if your looking at an overarching theme to get you going then it makes sense to set of the same. But certainly if I was working with you, i'd expect for my class to head off in our own direction of interest and not have to do the same as 4 other teachers!

3. Leapyearbaby64

Leapyearbaby64 New commenter

Five? OMG. There is a school local to us that has 3 form entry and has an EYFS unit with nursery as well as F2, so they may have almost that many children at any one time. Their unit is in portacabins so it's quite a good structure to contain so many children as the portacabin rooms all come off a central bigger room. They do control access to the outdoors though, which is not ideal in my view, but they just don't have enough space outside for so many children.

4. OMG indeed!!
    We are preparing for the not very welcome news that we are going to be a 90 intake in September. But now I'm thinking I haven't got much to moan about.
    It's difficult to know what to suggest to help you. Only you know what physical spaces/resources/staffing you will have. These are the things that will make the difference as to how you will make it work.
    While I can just about see how I can make 3 form entry F2 successful, I do not know what I'd do if this landed on my doorstep!
    Sorry - none of that was any help at all.[​IMG]