1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

5 day sore throat - doctor?

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by Mrs Mo, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Are your tonsils covered in pus? If not, it is probably a virus. Worth getting it checked out though.

2. Thanks Mrs Mo. I can't seem to get a good view of my throat. It actually hurts to open my mouth really widely as my neck is also a bit stiff from what I suspect is swollen glands. I have decided that if I feel like this tomorrow I'm going to visit the doc as I keep getting quite tearful from sleep deprivation (the past 2 nights have been so painful) and the fact that it is agony to swallow. Interestingly though, no hoarseness or runny nose!

3. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

There is a lot of this about at the moment. I have had it on and off now for 4 weeks. It goes for a few days then returns. Also have an annoying cough to accompany it. I haven't been to the doctor as their advice only ever seems to be drink fluids (??) and take paracetamol.