1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

**********?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Doodlem, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Hi
    I'm an NQT starting my first job in a nursery after christmas. The current teacher has ********** resources all over the classroom - i have spoken to her and she is taking them with her to her new school. I would really like to replace them for a sense of continuity for the children and because they are great resources
    While i was training the university advised us to completely avoid ********** resources - but every classroom i have been in since is covered in the stuff!

What seems to be the done thing? Is it generally still a big thing to avoid ********** or are existing resources ok but not new ones?

Would be great to hear some opinions before I get printing/laminating
    Thanks

2. Hi
    I'm an NQT starting my first job in a nursery after christmas. The current teacher has ********** resources all over the classroom - i have spoken to her and she is taking them with her to her new school. I would really like to replace them for a sense of continuity for the children and because they are great resources
    While i was training the university advised us to completely avoid ********** resources - but every classroom i have been in since is covered in the stuff!

What seems to be the done thing? Is it generally still a big thing to avoid ********** or are existing resources ok but not new ones?

Would be great to hear some opinions before I get printing/laminating
    Thanks

3. You could try Tpet or ****** instead. Find them through Google.

4. We still use them in our school settings but we are not allowed to use the website in school - infact our LEA has blocked it from all their schools.
    I agree with you that it is a great resource - ethically what happened needs to be noted but I can't see the harm in using good resources that save us starting from scratch everytime! PLus the kids love them.
    As mentioned there is also ****** - which I am led to believe is actually run by ********** but under different administrator!
    Teacherspet is also good, as are lots of the resources on this site.
    I have also used instantdisplay.com too.
    My advice would be to go for it!

5. inky

inky Lead commenter

My advice would be to forget about unnecessary ideas of 'continutiy' [how is it continuity for new children?] and get my resources, such as I needed them, from elsewhere.
    ********** is a twice convicted paedophile.

6. inky

inky Lead commenter

I know I'e said this before buit, to reiterate, how si continuity an issue with new nursery children?
    We still have a ********** sign up in our nursery toilet about washing hands. It's one of two - free - SB resources I ever went for. Today I pulled it down becauseI could no longer bear to see a reminder of what this despicable person did.
    I'm astonished that anyone could continue to support his site.

7. mumbobumbo

mumbobumbo New commenter

My new classroom is plastered in it too and I will be removing it for two reasons (unless it is removed already!) The reasons for this are because I think it looks atrocious! and also because I feel it's unethical (as already mentioned). I cringe almost every time I see something **********.
    There's too much computer-generated stuff around anyway IMO, I love to see 'proper' handwriting!

8. Inky, I think the teacher is new, not the children!
    I can usually find substitutes for the ********** stuff. The one thing I still use is the 'good sitting' pictures (good looking, listening etc), I made them into a little flip book and it has proved invaluable. Noone else seems to have made anything equivalent (are you listening out there?). I downloaded it long ago, before the vile revelations, and just carried on using it.

9. Surely if she laminated them all with laminating pouches from the school stock they should stay wtih the school that paid for them? (always the line I've taken with resources - my laminating pouches = my stuff, school's laminating pouches = school's stuff). Rights and wrongs of SB aside - that's something that might need looking into.

10. It should also be taken into account where they were printed....I would never have printed all the hot-air balloons etc at home - it would have cost a small fortune in ink!!

I try and find alternatives to the ********** resources personally, but there's so much useful stuff on there, that I still find myself using it. The man went to prison and paid his dues. I'm British, so I should believe in the British justice system (not saying I always do though!).

11. Is this true?

12. Thanks for the advice guys - ****** looks totally fab so i'll definatly be getting things off there where i can!

There will be new children starting nursery, but i was thinking of continuity for the 56 children already in the nursery...

13. I have made something equivalent. I took photographs of the children sitting nicely, ears listening, eyes looking etc and use these. The children love them and they really work as they can see themselves doing right thing.

14. teacherof30

teacherof30 New commenter

There are some good behaviour type cards on here too. A few have American phrases on, but most are fine. They have been brilliant for my children with behaviour issues.

http://www.visualaidsforlearning.com/pdf/VisualAids_Behaviour_Boy_1_Image_Per_Page.pdf

15. My LEA has also blocked **********. No bad thing.
    I have got loads of resources from Best Primary Teaching Resources.
    Each product has masses of files (60-100) and there are differentiated worksheets, activities, games, display borders, labels, word cards etc. Saves you hours of time and all in one place.
    There are also free resources. Some of them are really useful.

http://www.bestprimaryteachingresources.com/

16. try this one on ******
    I have made one into a little book for staff to use with individual children who need reminders at carpet time and one set to dangle from the ceiling looks great and the children have really responded well to it, think you can get them in poster size as well
    http://www.******.co.uk/resource/t-m-284-good-listening-display-posters

17. Thanks for this BEXJ - it's just what I need - must have been added fairly recently.
    I like the idea of having photos of children doing good sitting etc and have used these as display, but find it useful to have 'anonymous' pictures to represent 'everybody'.

18. Msz

Msz Established commenter

You don't get many "old" nursery children [​IMG]

19. Mrs Pancake