1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

3rd Term NQT different role?

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by mslittlebear, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Hi,
    Wondering if anyone can help...... I have completed 2 terms of my NQT but due to the current lack of teaching jobs I am struggling to find a standard teaching position.
    Can anyone tell me - if I take a job as a supervised learning manager (supervising students in an in school exclusion room) does this count towards my NQT? My files are already completed, observations and evidence has been checked by a guy from the authority etc My last school asked the authority if I could be passed early but they said no, I have to log the right amount of days.
    Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks x

2. Hi,
    Wondering if anyone can help...... I have completed 2 terms of my NQT but due to the current lack of teaching jobs I am struggling to find a standard teaching position.
    Can anyone tell me - if I take a job as a supervised learning manager (supervising students in an in school exclusion room) does this count towards my NQT? My files are already completed, observations and evidence has been checked by a guy from the authority etc My last school asked the authority if I could be passed early but they said no, I have to log the right amount of days.
    Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks x

3. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

I don't think so - is it employment as a teacher and paid as such? Even then, the standards require you to be planning and teaching your subject, not merely supervising an exclusion room.

4. Yea, you have to have a certain percentage of the overall NQT year in the subject you wish to teach. I just had the same issue trying to complete my NQT year, and ended up managing to get long term supply with an agency.
    I wish you all the best though

5. Thanks for the reply - no, I'd be employed on the support scale not teaching scale. I guessed it probably wouldn't count but didn't know if i could blag it being as though I've completed everything I need (except the right amount of days).

6. I've applied for loads of jobs but the competition in my area is ridiculous (around 100 applicants per post!!) so I'm having to try anything!
    Thanks for the reply ;o) x

7. To count for in duction the post must be that of a teacher and you must be able to complete the duties of a mainscale teacher. This sort of post will probably not qualify. Ultimately it will be for the LA to decide, but in all honesty if the posts is not a teaching post I doubt they would entertain it for induction.
    James

8. Thanks - I guessed as much. It's so frustrating!! lol xx