1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

3D Printer recommendation needed

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by kirandreas, May 8, 2018.

1. kirandreas

kirandreas New commenter

Hello all,

Would anyone be able to point me to a 3D printer brand that would be suitable for durability and longevity?

We have this Makerbot Replicator and it keeps stopping due to the nozzle getting clogged and I get seriously fed up of cleaning it several times during printing.

you help would be much appreciated

Andreas

2. davidkirby007

davidkirby007 New commenter

Like you we have had problems with the Makerbot. I like the looks of the Fusion3 F410 with its 2 year warranty and the ability to be able to use a wide variety of materials tested by them, but it does not appear to be available in the UK yet.

3. I am using iMac pro. so can anyone recommends me a good 3D printer which will last longer and have a good service?? As you have said that Fusion3 F410 is not available in the UK. I have also asked about this printer from Apple iPhone Support but they also told me this printer is not available in the UK. so anyone can suggest me any better option??

4. cosybear

cosybear New commenter

5. cosybear

cosybear New commenter

I would have to add though, with the latest news from the States on templates.
    If you are using any 3D printer in a school environment I would ensure that it is securely disabled outside of lesson times i.e. critical parts removed

6. kritisharma1

kritisharma1 New commenter

Nowadays there are lots of good options are available in the market for a 3D printer. For example, MakerGeeks,iGo3D, NinjaFlex etc.

7. Gary_EdTech

Gary_EdTech New commenter

I use a Creality Ender-3. Good product, low price, easy to use and fix.

8. nitaamba234

nitaamba234 New commenter

I would have to add though, with the latest news from the States on templates.
    If you are using any 3D printer in a school environment I would ensure that it is securely disabled outside of lesson times i.e. critical parts removed and get the help from Epson Error Code 0xEA and have the best solution.

9. tisamazumdar1728

tisamazumdar1728 New commenter

there are mainly two sorts of 3D printers, the industrial-type printers, and the consumer-oriented 3D printers, a.k.a. desktop 3D printers.
    I want to only focus on the most common consumables used in consumer 3D printers using the FDM (fused deposition modeling) technology. A traditional inkjet printer needs ink cartridges in order to be able to print – the situation is similar for 3D printers, except that 3D desktop-type printers need the plastic filament.