1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

30minute intro lesson on lecoq

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by zippy113, May 22, 2016.

1. zippy113

zippy113 New commenter

I'm in need of some help newbie teacher!. I have a micro teach for an Interview it's 30 mins to level 3 btec performing arts students.

I have to Introduce them to the a contemporary practitioner and their key principles. I want to do lecoq and was thinking of using the leading from different body parts and scales of intensity as an Intro to creating character. So using the body as a starting point.

Would this be suitable do we think or should I go with something else.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks

2. englishteach101

englishteach101 Occasional commenter

If this is for an interview, I wouldn't post for help on here as others will see it and might a) steal your idea (it's been done where 3-4 people all did the same lesson and it was brutally obvious what had happened) or b) know what you're doing and do something better.

Also, something I know Theo would have said- don't use any resources from the TES for your interview lesson for the reasons above.

Good luck however!

lilycorrigan likes this.