1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

30 Minute Year 5 English Lesson

Discussion in 'Primary' started by rosiebudlou, Oct 21, 2017.

1. rosiebudlou

rosiebudlou New commenter

I have an interview for a Year 5 role (ahhh!). I have been asked to deliver a 30 minute English lesson using a stimulus. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

2. asnac

asnac Established commenter

Well done on getting an interview. I wouldn't recommend seeking or following advice here - your interviewer may read this forum, or the other candidates might and then use the same idea. Also if you are successful, wouldn't you rather have been hired because of your own creativity and not someone else's?

alexanderosman and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I'll start with my usual comment about avoiding putting too much information on a public forum. Especially an education one, which Headteachers and possible interviewing governors frequent- which we know they do.

I always say, choose an aspect which you are confident delivering- help steady the nerves. Even better if you're passionate about it, to let that enthusiasm shine through.
    If you've had a successful lesson in the past, try adapting that as you will again be more confident as you know it has worked before. Choose your stimulus carefully - after you've decided on the lesson's objectives. far too many people try to fit their ideas into the objective rather than the correct way round,

Best of Luck.