1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

30 minute numeracy lesson - interview help!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by EngineGirl, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Hi everyone,

I am a PGCE student and have my first interview on Tuesday, very short notice! They have given me the WALT for the lesson (Know how to use the Grid Method to multiply TU by TU) in Year 4, higher ability group. Do I presume they have done something on this before or do I start from scratch?

I taught this exact topic in my last placement (also in y4) and had some great feedback from these lessons however I am worried about fitting it into 30 minutes and what they are looking for in such a short time.

I love teaching numeracy so the WALT they gave me is perfect however this isn't the most exciting of topics. I want to stand out but I also want to teach a good solid lesson.

Any tips? (On the timing issues more than anything!)

2. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

By WALT do you mean learning objective?

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Use that as your assessment task for the intro part.
    You've had great feedback from previous lessons, so trust in your own ability.
    As to" this isn't the most exciting of topics", it will be your attitude which will help to make it exciting for the children.
    Best of luck with it!

4. Thanks! I think I'm just stressing and the key to this is to be confident and trust in my ability, like you said.

Fingers crossed!

WALT is the LO, yes.