1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

30 minute interview

Discussion in 'Primary' started by kat1986, May 6, 2012.

1. Right had a thought how about drama with were going on a bear hunt or monkey puzzle?

2. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

Think about your best subject and do that. Time to show off!

3. Vanadesse

Vanadesse New commenter

I'm having to do the same thing this week. My process went a bit like this...

What have I been asked to do?

What are my strengths? What areas do I feel most confident in? - The stronger and more confident you are, the more it shows and the better it's likely to be I think.

What resources do I have available?

Then find something that fits in with that. Make it paced and snappy, don't leave them sitting around too long but don't give them too much to do that they can't do it either. Don't worry so much about being so fantastically creative and outstanding that actually, you set yourself up for a fail. Keep it engaging and interesting but keep it as simple as possible. You've only got half an hour, you can only do so much. Really, all they want to see is that we can teach and how we interact and engage with children, that's the most important bit. I know someone whose lesson went completely **** up but she still got the job because a) she engaged with the children and had fantastic interactions with them and b) she knew exactly what went wrong and how she'd fix it in future. Don't worry too much, I'm trying not to!