1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

30 minute interview lesson?

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by MathsKt, Feb 14, 2011.

1. So I have 2 interviews next week and have been told that in one I will be giving a 30 minute lesson and in teh other a 20 minute lesson.

How much should I be aiming to get through in this? One activity?

Should I be aiming for a 3 part lesson with the 30 minute lesson?

Sorry lots of questions but I always had it in my head that I would teach a full 50-60 minute lesson at interview.

2. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

The answer is enough to show your teaching skills. Do not try and condense a full lesson. Go for the activities that would have the most impact with the learners and on your lesson plan you can always describe how you would contextualise or develop the lesson

3. primenumbers

primenumbers New commenter

You should assess their previous knowledge to pitch your lesson at the correct level.
    Then you need to teach them something new or doing something new.
    Then you need to assess their understanding.
    3 parts or 1 part or 6 parts ( there are schools who do 6 parts lessons btw), the lesson must show pupils' progress. I would normally do 3 parts lesson even it is only 30 mins, the starter could be something very quick, 3-5 mins.