1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

30 mins to fill in PD day

Discussion in 'Professional development' started by twigtwig, Jan 31, 2011.

1. twigtwig

twigtwig New commenter

I'VE BEEN GIVEN THE LOVELY TASK OF ORGANISING AN INSET DAY IN 2 WEEKS ON OF THE SPEAKERS HAS SAID HE ONLY WANTS HALF AN HOUR NOT AN HOUR SO I'M LEFT TO FILL 30 MINS.
    ANY IDEAS

THANK YOU

2. twigtwig

twigtwig New commenter

I'VE BEEN GIVEN THE LOVELY TASK OF ORGANISING AN INSET DAY IN 2 WEEKS ON OF THE SPEAKERS HAS SAID HE ONLY WANTS HALF AN HOUR NOT AN HOUR SO I'M LEFT TO FILL 30 MINS.
    ANY IDEAS

THANK YOU

3. How about this

Ask the staff how they would like to use the time.

Might get a useful INSET that way

4. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

tell them to go and clear out all the junk from network personal and shared areas. Then do it again..

5. Think about what your speaker has said: have you allowed 10 mins for questions? If they are speaking about something important/interesting is there the oppotunity to allow staff to reflect and act on it? It is hard to know without knowing what the topic is. But if they were talking about how 'I is important' - you could do a follow up question and set a guided discussion, or get someone else to follow up with a different angle this is how I get i done in PE/Art..
    But don't think of it as time to fill - what else do staff need to know or how could it be used positively - depending on yr first topic you could ask a keen member of staff to do a follow up. It is a bit like planning a lesson - think of it as a purpose and expand on your objective rather than time to fill. Often in schools we always complain we don't share good practice etc so it could be used for this - try and link it in to the first session...[​IMG]