1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

30 min lesson Year 4 Problem Solving tudor topic

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by anansie_uk, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Hello,
    I have my first ever interview and I need to teach a 30 minuted problem solving activity using their topic of the tudors. That's all the guidance I recieved and I'm a bit lost for inspiration. I was thinking of the basic structure of quick what they already know starter, then introduce some knowledge, then set a problem, children in groups try to solve the problem, children then feedback solutions and we vote a winner, then add to starter mindmap with that they have now learnt. Does that sound ok?
    I just don't know what to do as the problem. I thought maybe something to do with tudor exploration, like they have to plot quickest routes to 'discover' tobacco, potatoes etc. Or maybe they have to work out how much of each discovery they could have on the ship using weight and capacity. I'm just worried about overcomplicating and being too hard.
    Does anyone have any ideas please????

2. Hello,
    I have my first ever interview and I need to teach a 30 minuted problem solving activity using their topic of the tudors. That's all the guidance I recieved and I'm a bit lost for inspiration. I was thinking of the basic structure of quick what they already know starter, then introduce some knowledge, then set a problem, children in groups try to solve the problem, children then feedback solutions and we vote a winner, then add to starter mindmap with that they have now learnt. Does that sound ok?
    I just don't know what to do as the problem. I thought maybe something to do with tudor exploration, like they have to plot quickest routes to 'discover' tobacco, potatoes etc. Or maybe they have to work out how much of each discovery they could have on the ship using weight and capacity. I'm just worried about overcomplicating and being too hard.
    Does anyone have any ideas please????

3. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Start with your learning objective, then decide which activities will best achieve it.