1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

£30 charge?

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by danielwatkins23, Dec 6, 2019.

1. danielwatkins23

danielwatkins23 New commenter

Hi all

I've just been looking at my bank statement and noticed I have been charged £30 by TES on the 3rd of December?

I have scrolled back through the last few years and have the same charge every December. £30 last year, £24.99 the 2 years before that and a £9.99 charge in 2015.

I was under the assumption that it was free to be a member of this site?

Can anyone provide any insight into these charges?

2. phatsals

phatsals Established commenter

Did you take out a subscription to TES elements a few years ago? It could be that rolling on, starts of free for 14 days but then it auto renews annually if you don't cancel - £30pa.

3. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

These discussion forums and the TES site are free so it's not for that.

I see from this page that a TES Magazine subscription is £30 a quarter so it might be that. Although you should know if you have that subscription as a weekly printed copy of it should be coming through your letterebox (unless you moved and didn't advise change of address?). As it's £30 per quarter have you been charged in previous quarters this year?

https://www.tes.com/store/magazine

This is the contact for queries about magazine subscriptions

T: 0345 521 7111
    E: membership@tes.com

4. danielwatkins23

danielwatkins23 New commenter

I think I remember paying for TES spag years ago which now I'm thinking may explain the £9.99 in 2015. As far as I was aware this no longer exists? Is this now TES elements?

5. phatsals

phatsals Established commenter

Yes it is, it sounds like you've been rolled on to the full monty at £30pa, a set of resources you haven't even been using. I don't know how you cancel it, I can't see any info on that but you can cancel it via your bank to start with, then chase TES up.

If you click on Resources, TES elements is listed down the side. See if you can log in with your details, then you'll know for certain.