1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

3 yr KS4

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by trapezium, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Hi

We are starting a 3 yr ks4 programme of study with pupils from September and I am in the process of reviewing SOW's for both KS3 and 4. We currently use very old text books with ks3 and MEP books with KS4. Has anybody out there done this recently and/or does anybody have any advice or useful websites/resources?

Many thanks

2. hammie

hammie Lead commenter

I've taught this in the past, since the introduction of modular Maths in fact.
    Not sure that i would have any particular advice about text books, depends a lot on which board you are teaching towards I suppose.
    My biggest wish would be to get SMT to agree and inform parents that the first entry for each module is paid for by the school. Any retakes are then paid for by parents, probalby with the return of the fee if the child works hard, attends all offered support sessions and achives the agreed target grade. Otherwise the year 9s will just coast through a year wasting the time of everybody concerned.

3. Nazard

Nazard New commenter

This is somewhat confusing, given that modular exams won't be available in future...