1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

3 weeks and 2 days!

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by cararol, Nov 25, 2015.

1. cararol

cararol New commenter

It's sad to be counting down the days but like many of the posters on here I've reached my limit. My career started in 2004 and will end in 2015. I used to enjoy my job, planing fun lessons and Spending hours displaying children's work proudly. My motivation has been eaten away at, along with my confidence, and to a point my social skills. I can work endlessly and it barely seems to make a dent in my to do list resulting in stress levels far too high. I'm struggling to focus on anything, I'm overly sensitive and feel like I can't get things right. I can honestly say that I'm going through the motions each day but lessons are far from my best (I'm disappointed in myself). Im feeling down and seem to be susceptible to anything going around school. It's struggle to go into work each day - 17 days to go!

I'm not sure what I'm looking for here. I've already made the decision to leave and given notice.
    There's just something not sitting quite right.

midnight_angel likes this.
  2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Have you started thinking about what to do next?

Possible other careers

I think that you are in some ways grieving as after a bereavement: the deaths of all your hopes for being a teacher and helping so many pupils along the path of life.

You need something new to focus on, not just the end of this stage of your life.

Best wishes

3. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

Best wishes with your future. It is just so wrong that you have ended up feeling like you do. I took 5 years out as a low pay technician at my local University. It was brilliant even though for almost pin money. My wife was very happy because I stopped moaning so much at home (almost). I did re-enter secondary teaching but found it so difficult (you forget what you have to go through to establish your classroom authority! ) that I went supply for a bit, then FE, where I saw out my time.

Feel very sorry and angry for teachers nowadays.