1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

3 vacancies In the same school....

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Aneilakhan1, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Aneilakhan1

Aneilakhan1 New commenter

Hi there!

Has anyone had experience of applying for more than one vacancy at a school with the same closing datel?

The school where I have done supply work at has 2xTA vacancies and 1 part time Mentor Vacancy.

Having done a year of PGCE (although not qualified) and having lots of experience in all 3 of the jobs, I am well over qualified.

My issue Is, would it seem too desperate, despite having lots of experience within the school doing supply if I was to apply for all 3 with separate applications? Or should I just stick to 1/2 vacancies?

I love the school and from their feedback they really like me too, I just don’t want them thinking I’m not sticking to any one vacancy but just want a job.

Any help would be appreciated:)

2. cheesypop

cheesypop Senior commenter

Surely it’s only 2 applications? One for a TA job (of which there are 2!) and one for the mentor job.
    Apply for them all, because you love that school! And tell them why....

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Exactly!

Lara mfl 05, Pomza and agathamorse like this.
  4. Aneilakhan1

Thank you!! Fingers crossed my anxiety doesn’t get the best of me if interviewed!

Lara mfl 05 and TheoGriff like this.
  5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Good luck!

I suggest that you start your interview preparation immediately, instead of waiting to see if you are called!

Start by going to TES Resources where I've posted a free skeleton of an Executive Summary. Download it and fill it in roughly, dont bother with neat, with the points from their person spec and job description on the left, and on the right your evidence for how you meet their requirements.

Then use that as a starting point for a big mind map for interview revision. Dont forget to add Child Protection and Safeguarding.

You might like to look on Amazon for books on interview for a teaching job, to help you. Even if it's not a job as a teacher, it could be very helpful.

Get one that can be downloaded immediately to the free kindle app on your phone, tablet, or PC, check the reviews, and make sure that (a) it isn't American, and (b) it isn't offering answers as well as questions. Those answers may well be trotted out by the candidate before you, so you want to avoid that at all costs. Learn to provide your own answers.

Fingers crossed!

6. Aneilakhan1

Thank you!

Lara mfl 05 and TheoGriff like this.
  7. thejudgesscoresarein

thejudgesscoresarein Occasional commenter

Why apply for all 3 vacancies? It’s the same role and it will come across as desperate. If the school think you’re what they’re looking for, then they’ll shortlist you for an interview.