1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

3 things you'd change about your partner

Discussion in 'Personal' started by BelleDuJour, Sep 6, 2011.

1. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Following on fron the 3 qualities thread, assuming those of us have a partner who maybe doesn't fully match our desirable qualities 100%, what 3 things would you change about your partner.
    For me it would be:
    1. To quit his obsession with housework (Mrs Doubtfire)
    2. To not worry about everything
    3. To stop telling me how to cook (he cannot cook, I am a Masterchef finalist!)

2. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

To make 'in a minute' mean in a minute, not in several hours/days/or forgotten altogether.
    To be more decisive, he's a Libran and decisions take hours/days/never.
    To do more around the house and not just expect the housework fairy to do things.

3. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Prepare to vomit...
    ... nothing!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

To actually listen to my views and not always think she's right and her ways are best
    To understand that you sometimes relaxing for 5 minutes is actually healthy and you don't always need to be doing jobs nor do you need asking about what you are doing.
    To occasionally ask me how I am and to listen to my feelings.
    OK - we're separated now. But had to get that off my chest.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Mind you - I think she would like to have changed a few things about me too.

6. Pageant

Pageant New commenter

1. To allow me to but in when he's talking otherwise if I wait until he's completely finished spouting I've lost not only interest but the will to carry on (he hates being interrupted
    Lots more but the above drives me mad and spoils what could be two way conversations.

7. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

[​IMG]
    But Manny.....one day in the summer (?) you were going to make a bonfire of his fishing tackle!!!

8. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

and his dislike of foreign food!!

9. Richie Millions

Richie Millions New commenter

.....but ...... but ..... but ladies ........

my point is .........

if you change him.......... then he is not him ........ x

10. catmother

catmother Lead commenter

Are you married to my husband? I would change point 3 to doing more around the house in terms of house maintenance rather than housework,eventhough housework does suffer from point 1 too!

11. bizent

bizent Lead commenter

1. Accept that I too have an opinion which might differ from his and that his isn't neccessarliy always the right one
    2. Don't overreact to trivial things
    3. Pay attention when driving!

Although to be honest, I wouldn't change him for the world

12. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Is yours Libran too? Another point is to actually finish a job he's started!!!

13. catmother

catmother Lead commenter

He's a few days away from it on the Virgo side.

14. lardylady

lardylady Lead commenter

I'd love him to be clean shaven. He grew a beard when he went back to Uni about 8 years ago, and I just don't like facial hair.

15. I don't know how you can tolerate the beard. I couldn't.

16. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Senior commenter

17. 1. For him NOT to drive like a frustrated BMW driver and have crashed MY car yesterday! (Friends' comments on "was he hurt" were replied to with "well not until he had to break the news to me" at which point I persued him on a dog walk around the park repeatedly lobbing conkers at his head and have promised him months and months of me being allowed to criticise his driving)
    2. His obsessional hatred of tomatoes
    3. Snoring - but then even if I sorted his out - the dogs both snore and the cat snores like a 20 stone bloke (which is hilarious on such a dainty little creature) so I'd get no sleep anyway!

18. Oh now you have made me puke Manny! [​IMG]
    But I know what you mean. The good things outweigh the bad with my man and I put up with his little foibles (don't tell him I revealed the size of his foibles) because I have heck of a lot more for him to put up with!
    I am bloody lucky he loves me actually....but three annoying things?
    His weekend mood (or at least Saturday night mood) tends to depend on how his footy team fared on Saturday afternoon. I'd take away his devotion to his team. I am sick of having to cajole him out of a down mood when it's OUR weekend.
    He is weird when there is an insect in the room. He can't live with anything flying about, no matter how minute. He has to follow it round the room and swat it and is jittery until it's gone. He really cannot rest. He was bitten by a mozzie once apparently. (His insect tracking makes me laugh - he is paranoid about 'em.)
    However, he earns millions of Brownie points for scooping up massive spiders - which I am not fond of, but would never kill - and taking them outside. He doesn't kill them either.
    I'd make him more extrovert in company. He is quiet and sometimes I do all the talking and he just doesn't chime in to make small talk. I have to make the effort to include him and it makes me feel like his Mum rather than his partner. I wish he were the forceful, out-going one sometimes.

19. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

While I wouldn't swap him, I would like Mr BS to:
    <ol>[*]Give up smoking.[*]Be a couple of inches taller so I could wear heels and not be taller than him.[*]Be a bit more patient with the dogs. No the dog doesn't know that you want him to heel by subliminal message, you have to tell him!</ol>

20. impis

impis New commenter

1. I'd like him to remember that he's married to a shortie and not put all the mirrors up to suit him. [I can barely see the top of my head in them]
    2. I'd like him to stop stressing about how I peel pototoes It really doesn't matter that I do it differently to how he does it. As long as the end product is the same, who cares?
    3. I'd like him to accept his limitations and not insist on doing all jobs around the house himself [badly] We have enough money to pay someone else to do it - no need to botch the work.