1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

3 things that your partner would (secretly!) like to change about you?!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by tartetatin, Jan 11, 2011.

1. .... and I just don't buy 'nothing' as an answer - there are things about you that do his/her head in, admit it (and vice versa, I am sure)!
    I haven't asked Mr Tarte but I feel confident that my top 3 (and I'm not even sure he'd stop at 3!) would be:
    - I can be too feisty. I tend not to back down in disagreements and will argue my case. His dad and brother married 'Stand By Your Man' stepford wife types and I'm not like that at all. I can also be a bit moody.
    - I'm a lazy cook, and not very good to boot. I strongly suspect this is something he'd like to change!
    - He'd like me to be more punctual and not too late for everything ... and less anal around the house (no pun!)

2. Yeah yeah, wonder how long it took him to dream that one up! [​IMG]
    Seriously though, Mr Tarte would say the exact same 3 things about me!

3. Oh this one's easy
    1. stop talking about taking early retirement and work until I am at least 70
    2. become a domestic godess with clean ironed shirts on tap and an immaculate house
    3. stop being so spikey and fighting back. In fact, stop talking.
    And be thinner with a flat stomach and perky boobs
    [​IMG]

4. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Any three things that make me completely unlike George Clooney ;-)

5. 1. Stop behaving like a grumpy teenager when we go shopping. (I HATE shopping)
    2. Stop apologising for my wobbly / too small / too big bits.
    3. Stop running away / hiding my face / diving behind trees whenever he points a camera at me.

6. To be more overtly affectionate and soppy towards him
    To be more optimistic
    To complain less (even though it's recreational complaining. I know I have a nice life, in general.)

7. perriwinkle

perriwinkle New commenter

HMMMM.......only three?

Don't be so argumentative or defensive

Manage my time better

Be more patient with Miss P in the mornings when we're both tired and running late (also see above points!!)

Must try harder :{

8. 1 hyper sensitivity to criticism and assumption that the criticism is meant maliciously
    2 swear too much and too loudly
    3 wishes i had abit more get up and go

wish I hadn't bloody asked now.

9. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

In no particular order:
    1. To be cured of my shoe addiction
    2. To stop lecturing him on why he talks so much **** and giving him the scientific explaination why he is wrong and I am right!
    3. To have the energy for wild and uninhibited sex 24/7 rather than just weekends and school holidays!
    On second thoughts.....maybe number 3 should be number 1!

10. perriwinkle

perriwinkle New commenter

So very true TT! I get cross at myself for the very same reasons..........as I said, must try harder......especially in the mornings :(

11. you and me both, dear! x