1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

3 things that have made you smile today.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Milkandchalk, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

• One boy who finds maths quite challenging getting almost entire page of fraction correct and earning a Star Pupil sticker.
    • The sheer determination on the faces of some pupils when colouring in their mosaic designs as carefully as they could (Brilliant finishing activity. Wish I'd thought of it sooner!)
    • Cleaning out the unfnished tray and putting most of the stuff away to file.

2. Picking up the car from garage - now purring like a cat rather than jumpy as one.
    Nice afternoon with mum.
    Driving smoothly home to be met by purring cat.

3. Im DESPERATE to know what a spy cat is!

1) Surviving delivering my first staff meeting.
    2) A Y1 child I have been battling with to write each word one at a time with finger spaces, writing a good imaginative piece of writing with finger spaces and no missing words.
    3) Being told "I love you Miss, have a nice lunch!" by a child in my class, immediately after getting cross with them and having to shout.

4. 1) Reading that a child told impulce 'I love you miss'. Cute!
    2) Asking my year 10 class what they knew about the balcony scene in Romeo and Juliet and a boy asking if it was the scene where she lets down her hair and the man climbs up it (Rapunzel, of course!).
    3) These amazing 'Ice cream puddle Hotel Chocolat' thingys I found in the fridge when I got home. MrsPiper won't be pleased that I ate them all though.

5. tangerinecat

tangerinecat New commenter

(Spy cats are cats that spy on children - sounds a bit sinister to me! The kids love the film Cats and Dogs, I suspect they genuinely believe Siamese cats are ninjas...)
    1) Reading PETERPIPER's year 10 smile - it reminded me of a Year 10 class I had three years ago who ventured exactly the same idea!
    2) Being signed off for a further month, the sense of stress and anxiety just draining away. The sky seemed more blue, the journey home seemd shorter.
    3) The boys playing air guitar to Chesney Hawkes' 'I am the one and only'. Hilarious.

6. 1) A year 2 boy achieving a target on his IEP - and saying thank you for helping me
    2) Getting a smile from my 4 month old nephew when I walked in- he's a little charmer
    3) A text message I got today from the guy I like :-D

7. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

• Laughing at the kids laughing at me laughing at myself. I'm losing my voice and itsounded like I was barking
    • The usually busy roundabout being clear so getting home earlier than expected.
    • This ice-lolly

8. crezz1

crezz1 New commenter

A parent threatening me with his solicitor because his son was given an after school detention, for dropping another child, whom he held by the heals, over his shoulder - causing cuts and grazes. Bring it on!!
    Staff saying thank you for the cakes I bought in today
    The fact that it is Friday again......

9. Indeed.

It is Friday
    Tomorrow is Saturday
    There are two whole days before Monday.

That's my three.

10. 1) Being asked by a year 5 how I could be having a baby when I didn't have a husband and was still Miss Wormburger not Mrs!
    2) The look on her face when I told her it was magic!
    3) Other year 5's asking me what my 'new name' would be when I returned from maternity leave and asking me if they could call me it now. I didn't like to tell them I'd probably have the same name!

11. It was my PPA morning.
    I got a hug from a non huggy child
    I talked to my husband via skype.

12. Helped mum with shopping - got 4 birthday pressies in 20 minutes - any good or what?
    Happy conversation with her neighbour.
    Easy drive home despite Friday rush hour.

13. ~This! GO CREZZ!
    _ Watching (observing) my two immediate bosses (line managers/HOD/2nd in Dept) having awful probs with behaviour, and after all their such good advice to me!
    -TGIF [​IMG]

14. This is from the week, because it was such a busy week all the days have merged together, so there is more than 3:
    1) Some of my (year 4) boys convinced that boys have tails...
    2) The gusto with which my class threw themselves into a mock election I organised on Thursday instead of PSHE.
    3) One of the TAs laughing like a 13 year old every time the word "election" has been mentioned over the past few days. She obviously has a very dirty mind...
    4) A friend's malapropism about the investigation into people not being able to vote. She meant to type that it would be a whitewash, but hit the s key instead of the w. Much more fitting I think!
    5) Hand delivering an application to a school, after getting hideously lost, and getting an email saying it has been received.
    6) Waking up at 8:30 after a week of 6am starts and feeling like I've actually had enough sleep.
    7) Waking up at 8:30 counting as a lie in!

15. polly.glot

polly.glot New commenter

Have to smile at everything today, as it's an exeat - no Saturday school!
    A parcel arrived in the post - a lovely antique silk scarf that my lovely Mr G bought for me on ebay - he has such taste! (considering he's an engineer, ex-sailor and programmer).

16. 3 from the weekend...
    1. A beautiful weekend in Orkney at a cousins wedding
    2. Drving from Scotland to Manchester for four four with my gorgeous wife to be. (had to hire a car as flights were delayed)
    3. Finally seeing my bed at 1am

17. gah for four hours*
    ***Searches for edit button***

18. When grandson [10] asked me at a packed supermarket checkout in Sainsburys ''What is sex?''[​IMG]

19. tangerinecat

tangerinecat New commenter

1) Hearing a cuckoo whilst walking through a field with my OH
    2) Son 2 deciding he will invent 'chatterboxing' when he grows up - instead of the opponents hitting each other, they talk at each other, possibly shouting "Hai!" every now and again
    3) Tried a prawn and black rice salad from Sainsbury's - it was lush

20. 1) Finally being let loose on the science week planning at my placement school - actually allowed to do practical stuff! I'm so excited!

2) Making an opticians appointment - I'm desperate for a new prescription so I can get proper sunglasses for my driving lessons.

3) Still having one new book to read from the stash created by my last Waterstones splurge!