1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

3 things that have made you smile today.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Milkandchalk, Apr 27, 2010.

1. ian60

ian60 New commenter

My 9 y/o daughter combing my hair, then standing back and announcing with pride 'You look just like George Washington!'
    Watching the BNP election broadcast where Nick G. does a w@nker sign while mentioning the tories and Labour.
    Booking flights back to the UK for this summer.

2. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

The sun shining helping a difficult day
    Being around lots of people I love
    The look on my dad's face when we all piled into the car - it was like going back in time to when we were kids.

3. tangerinecat

tangerinecat New commenter

1) the greenness of the Cotswolds after the rain
    2) Son2 getting a certificate for outstanding work
    3) After the third try, successful flamingo biscuits

4. 1. My first cup of tea after a very nasty sick bug rendered me unable to eat or drink for over 24 hours.
    2. The beautiful pink blossom on the tree in next doors front garden.
    3. My cute little guinea pig snuggling under my cardigan and half closing her eyes, she felt so safe and secure.

5. The cheeky little bird who kept coming up to my bird table and nibbling on the bread there.
    Finding a tenner in a coat pocket that I had forgotten I had.
    The text off my boyfriend telling me his sister had her baby girl this morning. :)

6. What are flamingo biccies? Sound intrestin'

7. 1) My attempts to use the Davina keep-fit rowing thingy I bought from Argos yesterday.
    2) My son, rushing out first thing this morning when he so obviously had the hangover from hell after last night's shenanigans.
    3) The cat, begging like a dog for some milk when I got it out of the fridge to use in my tea.

8. tangerinecat

Went to a 'tasting feast', hosted by a friend. Each person has a course, and you have to do something unusual / interesting.
    I did 6 ways with beetroot - hence pink flamingo shaped biccies (very yummy). Also Barbie pink beetroot icecream (yummy), beetroot and rasperry jelly (very yummy), beetroot coulis (yummy), beetroot cake (divine) and beetroot and dka shots (minging).

9. Watching my dog playing in the fields with his best doggy mate
    A large sausage and bacon sandwich smothered in HP Sauce
    Receiving a video of my 6 month old niece gurgling and giggling away

10. * some great buskers in Bath
    * seeing Firstborn, my big son, even if only briefly
    * fudge

11. 1) Completing a mystery shopper assignment.

2) My 3 kittens all trying to sit on my lap and failing (slightly sad that they don't all fit now though)

3) Changing sheets on my bed (another sad one I know but nothing beats sleeping on new sheets)

12. 1) My little girl stroking my temples because I had a headache
    2) My little girl sneezing and coughing all in one - we laughed for about 10 minutes.
    3) A nice cuddle from my husband

Simple things but my heart's glad because of them.

13. Lol, we laugh for about ten minutes when our little girl sneezes and farts at the same time, which is often!! (She's only 3 months old, bless her!)
    1- Catching up with the girls this afternoon over trashy mags.
    2- A naughty but delicious glass of rose wine (breastfeeding mum....went straight to my head!)
    3- The fact that I have the evening all to myself to watch complete **** on the TV as OH has gone out and little one is in bed.
    [​IMG]

14. P.S. Don't often come onto personal but have hotlisted this thread- it's great!

15. 1) Having a lie-in
    2) Finishing marking a tedious set of exam papers and rewarding myself with a pint
    3) Booking cinema tickets

16. tangerinecat

1) tickling Son2 - hilarious
    2) OH letting me sleep in after I got totally trollied at a friend's last night - what a nice change that made [​IMG]
    3) the Monster Raving Loony party out and about in town

17. 1) elfie's thread about moving in
    2) a text to say we're ok
    3) getting my holiday money. 4 weeks and the adventure begins

18. 1) My gorgeous baby 2) A rocky road muffin 3) A text from my mum.

19. 1. Spending the day with my sister
    2. Going to see Blood Brothers with my sister
    3. Getting back from Blood Brothers and cuddling my daughter (said musical makes one feel very emotional about one's children!)

Fab thread - will be hotlisting this one.

20. 1. Going wedding dress shopping with daughter-in-law-to-be.
    2. Buying dress for self for wedding.
    3. Booking our rooms in hotel in Turkey for wedding.
    [​IMG]